Friday, July 23, 2010

The rain...

If there's one thing I love more than food, movies and reading, is sitting at home in my room and listening to the rain fall. I have to admit this is one of my favorite things to do when I'm either in my dorm or completely alone in the house. I don't know if it's the sound of the water coming down really fast or the sound of the thunder but it relaxes me. I even love walking in the rain, I feel as though my mind is in another universe and I'm able to put things into perspective, hell I'm able to get the answers to things that I sometimes feel is right in front of me but I don't want to see them because I'm not ready to face the truth.

I may love the rain but I also hate it at the same time. There's a reason why I like to hear it when I'm alone, if my parents are home my dad starts to panic and act as though he had never had to deal with a storm, and get into arguments with my mom. Also if it's a really bad storm our basement tends to get flooded so he starts to panic about that as well. He'll go looking outside the window, he'll go outside for god knows what reason, he'll go downstairs a million times and he'll do this until the rain is over. Here's the thing he doesn't panic about the flood reaching the living room or us drowning nope he worries about our air conditioner breaking down, because if the air conditioner does not work he feels as though he will die. Now don't get me wrong I myself do not like it when the air conditioner isn't working, which is the case at work right now. 3 of our 4 air conditioners are broken and the store is ok but when we're running around trying to get things done it makes it a little harder to not think "my god is it hot in here!" I've said it before and I'll say it again winter is sooooo much better!!

Now don't get me wrong when I'm by myself I check on the basement periodically to make sure everything is on top of something so that they don't get ruined, but I'm not freaking out about, even when our cable loses its signal I either grab a book or pop in a movie because luckily (knock on wood) we've been fortunate enough to not lose light in our house like some of our neighbors. I take that back we've lost the power once in the 19 years we have lived here, so there you go. Our lights will flicker as though we're going to lose it but it doesn't it. Right now I'm trying to imagine myself back in my dorm either reading or watching a movie while the rain is coming down and not having to deal with all of this drama. Truth be spoken this is one of the reasons why I like being away at school and I can not wait to go back. 4 weeks 6 days till I go back. It's not coming here fast enough. So here's my question to all of you what do you love but also hate at the same time because people around you tend to ruin it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment