Monday, January 4, 2010

Why not me?

I just had a revelation...or more like a breakdown about the fact that my ex-boyfriend and I broke up for good. We broke up over a month ago after 2 years of flirting, and making out we finally became a couple this past July just for it to turn into a long distance relationship because I ended up moving to Wisconsin, and he moved back to North Carolina. We broke up or rather I dumped him because it finally hit me that even though we were "together" if you could even call it that, we weren't and we were never going to be. He was never going to introduce me to his family, in fact I don't think he would have even acknowledge that I was his girlfriend if anybody asked him. I was just going to be some mistress he had in Chicago because according to him his family is very racist and would never accept me and he wasn't willing to fight for me. If I hadn't mentioned wanting to see him, during Christmas break I would have been left as the dumb Hispanic girl in Chicago, while he married someone his family did approve of aka a white girl. What the hell was I thinking? I wanted to be with him more than I have wanted to be with anyone and in the end I got my heart broken by this so called man, and now I have to sit here and wonder "why not me?" I hear this everyday "you're so smart, you're so sweet, you're so cool, you're a great person, you're a beautiful person, you've got a great future ahead of you blah,blah,blah,blah...BLAH FREAKING BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I am all of these things and more than why wasn't it enough for him? What more did he want? What is wrong with me? So my question for you is what is wrong with all the women that can't find a decent man? What makes it so hard for a good woman to find a good man?

No comments:

Post a Comment