Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Do clothes and makeup make us confidante?

How confidente are we when we walk out of the door in the clothes we wear? One of my favorite shows is on TLC it's called "What Not to Wear" I have gotten a lot of ideas to not only add to my look but change certain things about it as well; to make me not only look but feel better about myself. I see many of the people who are nominated as candidates for the show and I noticed they all have a two things in common, they tend to have low self esteem about themselves which is one of the reasons why they don't make an effort to look their best because they tend to feel as though they are not worth it, which in my opinion is not true, everybody is always worth looking good. The second thing I notice is that because most of these people have low self esteem they tend to find clothes that do not help accentuate not only their bodies but their persona as well, they tend to find clothes that make them look horrible and look as though they have no fashion sense; when in reality they do they just don't know how to bring out their fashions because their low self esteem has taken over their mind. I believe one of my favorite episodes was one where the mother completely hated her hair cut and because she had set in her mind that old hair do was better she went to her hair saloon and had them apply hair extensions and dye her hair blond, she did it because she felt that her new beautiful hair would not grab a man's attention. After she was done she went from looking like a beautiful mature woman to a woman who is trying too hard to look sexy. Now when I first started writing this, I thought all people ever do is spend money to look and feel beautiful because they have low self-esteem issues, but after this weekend I got a little different perspective. I do believe people go through all of that crap to feel amazing but it's more than that...I can't really describe it but this weekend I went shopping for a new dress for Easter and for dinner with Darien. Now at first when I chose the dress I thought "it's cute, it's pretty, it'll do, but then my friend suggested to add a belt and suggested how I should do my hair and make-up infact I even got a free make-up consoltation. I know I'm a pretty girl, but having said that after I got the make-up done and I put the dress and shoes and everything to go with it; I thought "wow, I not only look beautiful but I actually feel beautiful too." It's amazing how a little make-up and a pretty outfit can make a person feel as if they're the most beautiful person in the world and give them that boost of confidence they need to not only feel beautiful but desireable as well. It also give a person a feeling of actually belonging. So here's my question to all of you how beautiful do you feel when you walk out of your house in your outfit and make up?

No comments:

Post a Comment