Friday, February 5, 2010

Unable to stay angry...

OK so as all of you know one of my recent blogs was how angry I was at my friend Darien for not meeting me on Tuesday like we had originally planned. Here's the thing as angry as I was, I sat on the train watching a movie and I went from thinking about how upset I was to thinking about the time when I really sad about something and he tried cheering me up. He pretended to be a musician and playing on his imaginary guitar, he looked like such a dork. I sat on the train and thought about the many hugs we have given each other, how at first he was one of the few people who supported my education choices;(actually when it comes to our education we are both very supportive of one another) and the countless times he has been a sweetheart. I found myself laughing at all of our dumb meaningless conversation as well as the dumbest debates on the planet. Actually whenever we're together we always, never fails get into the strangest debates. For example during Christmas break we were walking around the neighborhood and we were looking at all the homes that had Christmas decorations on them and I said (and I still firmly believe) that multi-color lights tend to look better than gold lights, Darien disagreed. In fact he was dead set on trying to convince me that gold lights tend to look better than multi-color lights. Every house we saw whether it be gold or multi-color lights we would argue about why our preference was better. I would say this debate went on for about 5-8 blocks until we...actually this is one of the many things we don't agree on. Now don't get me wrong we don't always have meaningless conversations, in fact he is one of the few people I can actually hold a decent conversation with about almost anything. In the end I sat there thinking about all of this and I found myself saying "one day, one measly day he doesn't up. Out of how many times he has he always managed to make time for me? How many times has he been there when I needed a shoulder to cry on? How many times has he been there to make or attempt to make me laugh? He has always shown up." Which is very true as busy as we both are, one way or another we seem to always make time to see one another, or we text one another like crazy, in fact I had to change my text messaging plan because of the many texts we send one another; which to be perfectly honest is more than what I tend to do for other friends. (When I really think about it, I realize I'm being unfair to my other friends. I tend to make more time for him than I do everyone else. That's not fair at all.) By the time I got back to school I found myself saying "I can't stay made at this bastard. Why can't I stay mad at this miserable bastard?" ( my exact words too)I asked a friend mine this and she had an interesting response to this she said that maybe we've become to dependent on one another, that we're possibly replacing our exes with each other...which could be true. So here are my questions to all of you why wasn't I able to stay angry at him? And is it possible that he and I are becoming dependant on another because of the lack of relationships?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so behind on your posts. I need to make a habit of checking more often.

    You weren't able to stay angry at him because you love him.

    Second question, no, you are not dependent on him, you love him and you love his company. It hurts you when he doesn't show up.

    *I don't know this situation very well so take these comments for face value.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, that was the week when I was on a rant so that's why there are so many. I do appreciate the extra point of view, but you're right he's my best friend, and I love him,like his company.

    ReplyDelete